Welcome to insektenfang plants ip-forum and ip Web Shop!

ip-forum is a friendly, positive environment where members may help each other and exchange ideas, tips, information and techniques relating to the carnivorous plants.

Register today and join a worldwide community of carnivorous plant growers and enthusiasts.

Already an ip-forum member?

Sign-in with your user name and password to participate and access member-only areas.

Genlisea photos

Genlisea Genlisea hispidula Genlisea violacea

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Robert

Robert

• 195 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:40 AM

heres some photos from one of my Genlisea G.violacea and G.hispidula plants i have,

theres lots of bubbles, they have all went away now so i'll post some without the bubbles later

G.violacea
Posted Image
G.violacea
Posted Image

G.hispidula
Posted Image
G.hispidula
Posted Image

#2 Sheila

Sheila

• PipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:28 AM

Genlisea look nice like that, but Algae can be a problem in that type of setup.  

I think I managed to kill all my Genlisea last year. I left them in the greenhouse until mid November and the cold got to them. I had hoped they would recover from a bit of root that hadn't been frost bitten, but nothing has come back in any of the pots this year. :(

#3 Robert

Robert

• 195 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:07 PM

theres some holes so i think i can get the water out them and theres some screws so i can open it up and whipe the sides if algae grows on them,

i only have 3 or 4 genlisea plants or i would give you some,  :lol:

#4 Sheila

Sheila

• PipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:12 PM

I spoke too soon I haven't quite lost all of them. A small bundle of leaves has appeared in my Genlisea violacea x lobata giant pot, so at least one s hanging on.

Thanks for the thought Robert, I'm not replacing plants right now anyway, I'm desperately trying to get some space in my greenhouse so I'm trying to reduce the collection this year.

#5 Robert

Robert

• 195 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:41 PM

i have added more pics and put names to them as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Genlisea, Genlisea hispidula, Genlisea violacea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users