Welcome to insektenfang plants ip-forum and ip Web Shop!

ip-forum is a friendly, positive environment where members may help each other and exchange ideas, tips, information and techniques relating to the carnivorous plants.

Register today and join a worldwide community of carnivorous plant growers and enthusiasts.

Already an ip-forum member?

Sign-in with your user name and password to participate and access member-only areas.

insektenfang plants - Summer Open Day - Saturday 30th June 2012

insektenfang plants Open Day

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Aidan

Aidan

top banana

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,899 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

insektenfang plants

Open Day: Saturday June 30th 2012
Noon - 5pm

The collection continues to grow and after three winters of repotting and reorganising in the new 20 x 8m polytunnel, all plants are now growing in Moorland Gold based media and I am confident the display this year will be bigger and better than ever.

My summer open day is a great time for visitors to view the collection at the time of year when many plants are at their peak.

There are thousands of plants to see including Sarracenia, Dionaea, Drosera, and Cephalotus, along with a wide variety available to purchase.

This is an opportunity for ip-forum members, Society members and others to meet in the flesh and enjoy both the plants and good company.

I look forward to seeing you all on the day, old faces and new. Visitors from outside the UK will be particularly welcome should you be able to attend.

See you there... and don't forget your camera!

Aidan

Note that this will be the final nursery open day held in association with the Society.

Please also note that I will be holding an Autumn Open Day on Saturday 29th September.

----------

The collection is housed in a large polytunnel located at:

Hillside Nursery
Basingstoke Road
ALTON
Hampshire
GU34 4BH
UNITED KINGDOM

Alton is easily reached from the A3, M3 and M4. The nursery is located approximately one mile outside of Alton itself on the A339 Basingstoke road.

If you end up driving in circles in the town centre one-way system, turn right at Boots and follow the road (straight over the mini-roundabout)! It takes you direct to Hillside.

The nursery entrance is situated on the apex of a near blind bend on a fast (60mph) road. Please exercise care both entering and exiting the site. There is plenty of parking space available.

By rail, Alton is one hour and twenty minutes from London Waterloo where local taxis are available for the short trip to the nursery.

Should you wish to stay in the area overnight, there are a variety of hotels and B&Bs nearby.

#2 Loakesy

Loakesy

Advanced Member

• Client
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Forensic Science, Carnivorous Plants

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

Oh good. I think I'm off that day, so I'll almost cetrtainly be there.

#3 Aidan

Aidan

top banana

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,899 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:32 PM

Get it in the diary Andy! Before the wife scuppers you again... :angel:

#4 Loakesy

Loakesy

Advanced Member

• Client
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Forensic Science, Carnivorous Plants

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

Already done, Aidan! I'll show her...

#5 Sheila

Sheila

• PipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:55 PM

I don't think I will be able to make it this year. I have to be in Cornwall for a meeting that week.

#6 Aidan

Aidan

top banana

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,899 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

A reminder for all those who would like to view a large Sarracenia collection at the peak of the season, that my summer open day is being held on Saturday June 30th. :yahoo:

#7 Aidan

Aidan

top banana

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,899 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

The weather is looking to be set fair for Saturday, with a warm and pleasantly sunny afternoon forecast. :sun_bespectacled:

#8 Aidan

Aidan

top banana

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,899 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

The night before...

Posted Image

#9 Amar

Amar

• Client
  • 958 posts
  • Interests:Celtic music, specifically tin whistling and low whistles, good food, good drink (single malt whiskies), home-enema, going out, psychiatry.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

I hope you're all having a great day!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: insektenfang plants, Open Day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users