Welcome to insektenfang plants ip-forum and ip Web Shop!

ip-forum is a friendly, positive environment where members may help each other and exchange ideas, tips, information and techniques relating to the carnivorous plants.

Register today and join a worldwide community of carnivorous plant growers and enthusiasts.

Already an ip-forum member?

Sign-in with your user name and password to participate and access member-only areas.

insektenfang plants Carnivorous Plant Nursery UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP

insektenfang plants

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Aidan

Aidan

top banana

• Administrator
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,899 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:53 PM

insektenfang plants – Carnivorous Plant Nursery – UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP

As many of you will be aware, the nursery was offered for sale late last year. I am pleased to announce that the business has now changed hands and the new owner is James Ellis. :) James has been kept very busy in recent weeks getting everything organised and moving the nursery in its entirety to a new home on the south coast.

James who is both younger and fitter than I am has always wanted to run his own nursery and he has now been able to realise that dream. I have every confidence that James will move the nursery on to bigger and better things and I trust that everyone will join me in wishing him all the best for the future.

Before riding off into the sunset, I would like to thank everyone who has supported the nursery over the years and I hope that you will all continue to do so under James's stewardship.

#2 Carnivorous_jim

Carnivorous_jim

• Administrator
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:58 PM

Dear carnivorous plant enthusiasts,

As Aidan has just mentioned I have just taken on insektenfang nursery!

The nursery has been bought as a running concern so worry not as I will be running the business in the same way that Aidan has been for many years.

All of the plants have been relocated closer to me here in Dorset for smooth operation of the nursery, the website will be run in the same way with the webshop and forums.

I am currently working on a stock-take and checking off what is advertised on the webshop with the sales plants I have.

With such a big move some old fragile labels snapped off etc...
and a few plants even made the ultimate sacrifice during the move and gave their lives(some got ran over)

So please continue to order as normal if you wish :)
In the unlikely event that one of the plants ordered happens to be one of the 'lost plants' I will contact you and let you know, then we can arrange a similar alternative.

My intro...
I have been growing carnivorous plants for a number of years now and have grown a diverse range of plants before finding my true passion that is carnivorous plants! ^_^
As well as now having a massive collection of Sarracenia I also have a good size collection of Nepenthes...something I hope to add to the website in the future.

Any questions ask away!!

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank those who helped me during the move of the nursery....you know who you are ;) THANKS!!

So..... I look forward to future communications with you all and hopefully some transactions along the way ;)

Kindest regards

James

#3 Steve Booth

Steve Booth

• Client
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:Motor cycling, growing things, trees, music, beer, and lots of other stuff

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:07 PM

Well good afternoon to you both
I am glad that the nursery has found a new home and that Aidan can now rest on his laurels as it were.
I wish you both all the best in your new endeavours and will hopefully be in contact with you both in some form in the future.

All the best
Steve

#4 Sheila

Sheila

• PipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:35 PM

This is excellent news. I am glad the Nursery has gone to a good home, you have just bought some gorgeous plants  James. I hope they do a well for you as they did for Aidan.

Good luck with the nursery James and Good luck  Aidan  with your new life in the USA.

#5 carnivine

carnivine

• Client
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:26 AM

Congratulations, looking forward to making a visit as and when everything settles down. Where in Dorset are you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users